38 weeks of intensive preparation for a career that can last a lifetime
Immerse yourself in our Enhanced Full-Stack Web Development Certificate program and emerge ready to pursue new career opportunities in a fast-growing field. This 29-credit, 38-week program offers practical training to help you develop a full suite of skills employers need—and the disciplined critical thinking capabilities you need to continuously extend your knowledge once you’re working in the industry.
Ready to get Started?
What You Will Learn
This certificate program teaches industry-current skills and techniques that will prepare you for your first development job, including:
- Understand principles of computer science and web development;
- Develop server-side databases for the back end of websites using Python for object-oriented programming;
- Understand principles of back-end data management, including relational and non-relational databases, as well as user management and data security;
- Build virtual environments and deploy your code to the cloud.
In addition, you’ll develop crucial habits and practices you will need to continually improve your skills and stay current with new developments in the field. You’ll be able to:
- Plan, progress, and adapt projects using project management best practices, including paired programming, agile development techniques, and more;
- Extend your knowledge using practical techniques for teaching yourself new programming languages;
- Demonstrate effective professional communication, collaborative working skills, and technical problem-solving capabilities for employers at interviews and on the job.
The Enhanced Full-Stack Web Development Certificate program consists of five courses taken over 38 weeks of intensive, in-person study.
Get started by learning how to plan a site, use templates, and manipulate layouts. Specific skills and processes covered in this course include:
- Graphics and video handling
- Twitter Bootstrap
Learn how user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design principles apply to web development in this course which takes you through the inception of ideas, iterative creation processes, and developing basic mockups and interactive prototypes.
Gain an understanding of how sites store and process data, and how to use libraries and frameworks for faster performance. This course also teaches you Python, a widely-used back end development language. Topics include:
- Object oriented Python development
- Data access and storage, SQL, NoSQL
Integrate and extend skills from the previous three courses to develop and launch complex web applications in the cloud. This portion of the program teaches you best practices for iteration, testing, and deployment along with:
- Web frame works
- Cloud services
- Agile development
- User roles and data security
Extend your skills in programming and your ability to continually develop your professional knowledge by learning an additional coding language. This course challenges you to get to grips with a new language’s data types and scoping rules quickly, reflecting the real-world requirement every developer faces: how to adapt to new changes in technology.
To learn more about each course, please see our course descriptions.
This program also includes a capstone project in which you create something amazing using your new skills, and interview preparation practice so you can show employers you understand how to solve for specific problems.
Projects and Case Studies
Our courses are designed to develop your skills through a logical series of steps embedded in practical projects. These can include:
- Developing the front end of a Human Resources Content Management System;
- Designing a better set-top box interface;
- Building an investment brokerage site from scratch.
Tuition and fees for this program are $18,000. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. You will need to provide your own computer. Please learn more about financial aid and technical requirements for your computer here.
Accelerate Your Career
Take your career path in a new direction - contact us today to learn more about our coding bootcamp programs, powered by HackademIQ, at Hussian College, accredited member, ACCSC.